A letter for me

Wishbone,

One day, I will disappear completely. The letters, the text messages, the calls over the phone will mean nothing. The world will get tired of me... You will get tired of me... I will get tired of myself, and I...and I will never get tired of you. For you, there will be NO endings. I will say your name over and over like a refrain... My prayer to no one.... Then I'll be a plant like your name, a fern. The one you'll never pick and will endure the breathless waiting until boundaries disappear.

You know I will never get far and there is no need for my return. Only travelers leave... I've never been a traveler. For I have never left. I am lost, simply wanting to be in a place that I've never been and will never be. Of all destinations, I long to be lost in the fields of your hair...In the corners of your smile... Lost among your thoughts as you are already in mine....

With nothing to do, I make new constellations images of you as I remember. All your candid innocent photos... your laughter.... your enamoring grin... There are stars from a different view, but still I see nothing but you. Unfurling like a flower, swiveling like a leaf. I once dreamed you slept beside me. It was dark then, but the darkness is deeper now. Tonight in my dreams I will see you again. My little poor good wishbone, clothed only in light...

Like a kite, I've given myself up to the wind. I made friends with the sun. Confuse the birds with strange and distant voyages, but it is you that ties the thread and holds me down. Like a kite, I will forever hold your hand and with a burning human longing in your hands, I surrender.


You are my will to live... My life started when I loved you and that's how I want it to end...You don't need to love me back... just please, let me love you...

Yours forever,

cokies



Ü

2 comments:

coicoi said...

Hey, just droppin' by. It's a nice letter. You're one damn lucky guy to be loved like that. Wish I was, too. Anyways, keep postin'...

exquisiteworld said...

this is so sweet..hayyyy.. naa pud day ka ing.ani pern?? hehe anyways. yeps lucky boi ka nga kung ganun.. ::"_"::